Director, Human ResourcesCalgary, Alberta
VistaVu is an employee owned company that continues to grow! We are a gold level partner with SAP providing software solutions to businesses in a broad range of industries in Canada and the United States. In the past year we’ve grown 100% and our continued growth path needs an excellent Director of HR to join the team who’s been there and knows how to grow a company. This role will be involved in both the strategic planning, as well as the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources function. You will have the opportunity to be in the driver’s seat to take on projects and be responsible for pushing them to completion. The ideal candidate will be able to function both independently and as a part of a team. Having committed to a progressive growth and a revitalized strategy, we recognize the requirement for a renewed focus and priority on our most important assets, our people.
How do you know you are a fit?
- You must be capable of developing and executing strategic initiatives as well as being equally comfortable with hands-on tactical implementations.
- You have had proven success with planning and delivering initiatives for attracting, retaining, growing and rewarding key talent.
- You are friendly and outgoing and know how to build strong relationships with business leaders, providing strategic advice, as well as relevant and timely direction relative to all human resource matters.
- When you own something, you get it done and can understand what is needed for today and how to develop things over time as the company grows.
- Growth is a core value at VistaVu, and you love learning new things and you bring new initiatives for consideration.
What you will be doing?
- As a trusted advisor to the team, the Director will take a proactive approach to assessing and addressing organizational requirements, including the implementation of both programs and processes specific to that of a fast paced, high-growth organization.
- You will Develop lead and initiate innovative Human Resources strategic plans, projects and initiatives such as compensation planning, organizational effectiveness, employee coaching, recruiting, training, communication and performance management.
- Fully understand the business, identifying value added people strategies and solutions that support the business goals.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to enact effective change-management in an effort to accelerate business process improvement and organizational/financial growth.
- Strategically partner with business and/or internal clients while consistently providing critical employee advocacy.
- Understand the needs and behaviors of employees at all levels within the organization to effectively build/implement positive culture process and structure.
- Provide practical advice and assistance to Management in the areas of employee relations, performance management, progressive discipline, training, legislation and risk awareness.
- Support and participate in the Social Committee meetings/events.
- Oversee Leadership development initiatives, talent management and succession planning and employee development.
- Lead and support changes in organization design and structure.
- Actively build relationships with employees, and make yourself available to answer questions, address concerns, and provide HR-related advice/recommendations.
- Knowledge of US employment law as well as US payroll and benefits experience would be desirable. You will not need to run the payroll but have knowledge of the rules and regulations in the various jurisdictions.
- Oversee the administration of compensation programs including benchmarking, pay for performance and incentive programs.
- Oversee the administration of benefit plans including strategies for reducing costs, improving processes and recommended changes to plan design or carriers.
What skills do you need?
- A bias toward action with the utmost integrity.
- 4-8 years of experience as the primary leader of the Human Resources function within a small to mid-sized company; technology experience would be considered an asset.
- You’ve had experience with acquisition and Integration of teams.
- You’ve had experience managing remote staff in both Canada and the US.
- Expertise in all disciplines related to the HR function: workforce planning, recruitment, total rewards, performance management and leadership development.
- A track record of advocating for both managers and employees, instating fair people practices and processes.
- Extraordinary communication skills in written form as well as in interpersonal engagements.
- Demonstrated ability to make independent decisions, evaluate people, manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment, as well as, effectively interface with peers.
- Ability to energize and inspire others.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Leadership, Management or other related discipline is required, an MBA would be considered an asset.
- Formal accreditation (CPHR) from CPHR Alberta or similar Canadian Human Resources association or institute would be desirable.
What’s in it for you?
- An environment of where we Embrace Change, are open to Growth, where we Trust each other while we create exceptional Client experiences;
- Work with one of the top SAP partners in North America;
- Lead the HR function in a diverse and dynamic role;
- Gain valuable experience marketing to diversified industries like Industrial Field Services, Life Sciences, Component Manufacturing, Aerospace & Defense.
- We are an employee owned company and everyone is an owner.
Please send all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org