Director, SalesCalgary, Alberta
VistaVu is an employee owned company that continues to grow! We are a Gold level partner with SAP providing software solutions to businesses in a broad range of industries in Canada and the United States. Continued growth in our business has identified our need for a Director, Sales.
Reporting to the President, the Director, Sales is responsible for the Net New Sales organization and manages functions essential to the sales force productivity. These include planning, reporting, management, sales training, performance reviews, sales compensation design, sales meetings and the final selection of sales force talent. The Director, Sales is responsible for the overall productivity and effectiveness of the Net New Sales organization.
How do you know you are a fit?
- When you take on something, anyone can Trust that it gets done.
- You have an enthusiastic, outgoing personality that enables you to build strong relationships with customers and employees.
- You strive for top-notch customer experience by developing client relationships and providing exceptional service.
- You are always looking at ways to improve your skills.
- You have led a sales department in a technology focused industry, providing leadership and mentoring for department members and you can also work independently to solve problems as quickly and accurately as possible.
What will you be doing?
- Develop sales strategies to acquire new customers or clients.
- Work with the senior management team to set revenue and sales goals on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Management of US/Canada sales resources.
- Provide leadership to the sales organization in implementing sales objectives that appropriately reflect the company’s business goals.
- Responsible for equitably assigning sales force quotas and ensuring the company’s financial objectives are optimally allocated to all sales channels.
- Meet with reps one-on-one to review performance, progress, and targets.
- Track sales team metrics and share them with company leadership.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction by leading the team to drive real and long-standing business value.
- Develop a scalable sales process and ensure representatives adhere to it correctly.
- Resolve escalated customer issues and customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Provide advanced negotiation expertise.
- Working closely with the Marketing department to develop and execute regional and annual sales meetings and lead generation initiatives that align with current company objectives and strategies.
- Ensure adherence to Corporate defined systems, policies, and procedures. Must be able to provide insight/assistance where necessary.
- Ensure team members are completing the core documents for every client.
- Working closely with sales leadership and Human Resources to establish a sales force training plan focused on developing and reinforcing critical sales competencies.
- Potential travel to clients in North America (20-30%).
What skills do you need?
- Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent experience at a senior level.
- 10+ years of experience of successful sales experience in Information Technology. SAP experience, an asset.
- 4+ years of experience leading successful sales teams.
- Experience leading teams to develop sales strategies and results.
- Detailed understanding of the sales process and a proven track record of achieving sustainable, profitable business results.
- A self-starter who can independently formulate a plan to meet these objectives.
- High achieving, ambitious, and results oriented.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting/exceeding goals as an individual contributor.
- Skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business requirements of senior decision makers.
- Empathy and ability to understand customer viewpoint and customer service.
What’s in it for you?
- An environment of where we Embrace Change, are open to Growth, where we Trust each other while we create exceptional Client Experiences.
- Work with one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 companies.
- Work with one of the top SAP partners in North America.
- Gain valuable experience with diversified industries like Industrial Field Services, Life Sciences, Component Manufacturing, Aerospace & Defense.
- We are an employee owned company, and everyone is an owner.
- Competitive Benefits.
This position is full-time. Please email your resume to: email@example.com with ‘Director, Sales’ in the subject line.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.