IoT Software EngineerCalgary, Alberta
At VistaVu, in our Innovation Labs we are building next generation products for our customers.
You will have the opportunity to work both independently and in small teams, as well as directly with clients to identify business opportunities and technologies that can transform their businesses. Projects will push your skills to implement solutions at the edge of current technological possibilities. We are looking for an innovator who can help identify sensor solutions, leverage heaps of sensor data and operationalize it to provide automation for our customers. As fast as technology direction can change, you’ll need to be able to context switch quickly and handle a variety of problems, but your love of understanding challenges and matching technology capabilities to change the status quo drives your everyday.
What kind of person are you?
- You are excited by identifying and solving problems with technology.
- You are enthusiastic about your work and continually seek improvement.
- You enjoy working independently as much as you enjoy working in a team.
- You enjoy working with new technology and understanding how it works.
- You like writing tests as you develop because it improves your workflow.
What skills do you need?
- 3+ years of industry experience productizing, testing and shipping applications to end-users
- Experience with a variety of sensors and gateways technologies
- Functional experience with AWS IoT and Lambdas
- Development experience in Mobile and Web Services
- Experience with Git, SQL Server, XML, JSON, Node.js, NoSQL Databases
- Advanced understanding in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Experience using Agile and rapid prototyping processes
- Experience with productivity tools like Jira/Kanban
- Experience in writing unit testing as you develop
- Development experience with systems like Fleetmatics, Trackopolis, Pedigree Technologies, Asset Panda is an asset.
It goes without saying:
- Strong attention to detail is a must have
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Great organizational skills
What’s in it for you?
- An environment where we Embrace Change, are open to Growth, where we Trust each other while we create exceptional Client Experiences.
- Work with one of the top SAP partners in North America
- Gain valuable experience marketing to diversified industries like Industrial Field Services, Life Sciences, Component Manufacturing, Aerospace & Defense.
- Competitive Benefits
- Start immediately on a great development team
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org include “IoT DEV 102” in the subject line.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
About VistaVu Solutions
Helping North America’s mid market companies RUN GREAT is a big job, and we’re proud to do it. For over 15 years, VistaVu Solutions has been changing the way companies do business. It’s our people who make VistaVu who we are. We are smart and determined and we’re not afraid to try new things. The team’s combined industry experience, innovative products and proven processes serve the needs of our clients in exceptional ways. Our focus is on our customer’s needs and on providing an unparalleled level of service, so that our customers can say that they truly RUN GREAT as a result of working with us.