VP Finance, CFOCalgary, Alberta
VistaVu is an employee owned company that continues to grow! We are a Gold level partner with SAP providing software solutions to businesses in a broad range of industries in Canada and the United States. Continued growth in our business has identified our need for a VP Finance/CFO.
Headquartered in Calgary, the VP Finance/CFO will report to our Chief Executive Officer and will serve as the key financial advisor to the executive leadership team as well as a hands-on leader to our Finance team.
How do you know you are a fit?
- When you take on something, anyone can Trust that it gets done.
- You have an enthusiastic, outgoing personality that enables you to build strong relationships with customers and employees.
- You strive for top-notch customer experience by developing client relationships and providing exceptional service.
- You are always looking at ways to improve your skills.
- You have led a finance department in a technology focused industry, providing leadership and mentoring for department members and you can also work independently to solve problems as quickly and accurately as possible.
What will you be doing?
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Identify, with our executive team, the key short-term financial and operational information necessary for our ongoing operations; implements systems and processes to provide that information.
- Participate in our annual strategic planning process.
- Participate and engages in weekly, quarterly and annual planning and management activities – Align and Scaling Up.
- With our Chief Operating Officer, monitors our sales revenue pipeline and the forecasting and scheduling of service delivery personnel.
Financial and Cash Management
- Oversee our cash flow planning process including weekly cash updates and quarterly updates of our longer-term cash flow forecast.
- Manage our bank loan covenant forecasting and compliance reporting.
- With the executive and management teams, organizes and oversees our annual budgeting process.
- With our CEO, identifies financing requirements and seeks bank and equity financing.
- Manage our lender relationships.
Accounting and Financial Reporting
- Oversee management of our accounting group and ensures adequate resources are in place.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls over financial reporting are in place and effective.
- Oversee timely preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports.
- Maintain relationship with our external accountants and tax advisors and facilitates year-end external review.
Tax Planning and Compliance
- With the CEO and external tax advisors, managers our Canadian and US corporate tax plans to ensure optimum taxes payable and achievement of shareholder objectives.
- Monitor US and Canadian transfer pricing rules and ensure compliance with those rules through discussion with our external advisors.
- Ensures timely preparation and filing of Canadian and US tax returns.
Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Oversee the administration of our ESOP in including the issuance and redemption of shares and maintenance of master schedules.
- Review on an annual basis with external legal and tax advisors the impact of any tax or regulatory changes on the ESOP.
- Prepare internal share valuation and coordinates periodic external share valuation.
- With the executive team, identifies key strategic, financial, operating and regulatory risks and coordinates the implementation of risk management processes.
- Prepare risk register / heat map and updates on a quarterly basis.
- Maintain relationship with insurers and oversees insurance arrangements in Canada and the United States.
What skills do you need?
- Post-Secondary Degree or equivalent experience at a senior level.
- CPA Designation.
- 7+ years post qualification experience of successful finance experience in Information Technology.
- 4+ years of experience in a financial leadership role.
- Experience leading teams to develop financial strategies and results.
- A self-starter who can independently formulate a plan to meet these objectives.
- High achieving, ambitious, and results oriented.
- Demonstrated track record of meeting/exceeding goals as an individual contributor.
- Skilled at building rapport, opening doors, and understanding business requirements of senior decision makers.
- Empathy and ability to understand customer viewpoint and customer service.
What’s in it for you?
- An environment of where we Embrace Change, are open to Growth, where we Trust each other while we create exceptional Client Experiences.
- Work with one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 50 companies.
- Work with one of the top SAP partners in North America.
- We are an employee owned company, and everyone is an owner.
- Competitive Benefits.
This position is full-time. Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘VP Finance/CFO’ in the subject line.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.