Many small to mid-sized organization spend hours manually printing checks on a weekly basis. With SAP Business ByDesign, you can eliminate the process and print supplier’s checks via Payment Runs.
Payment Runs will allow users to create check runs and set them on a weekly schedule for SAP ByDesign to process.
To efficiently print checks, first, download Collaboration Window. Collaboration Window is available in your ByDesign tenant under the Home Work Center > Self-Service Overview > My Computer > Install Additional Software > SAP Collaboration Window
Once you have this installed, follow the steps below to set up your check payment run.
Create Supplier Payment Run
1. Access Payables work center and select Payment Runs from common tasks.
2. Select New > Payment and fill in the data fields.
*Note: If you want to run payment for all suppliers, leave the Suppliers from/to ID blank.
3. Once the information is filled in, select “Set to Active”
4. Select Schedule. You can either select Run Immediately or set it on a schedule to run daily or weekly. For our testing purposes, we’ll select Run Immediately.
5. Click Save and Close.
6. You can review the job that ran in the Execution Details section of the Payment Run worklist.
Review the Payment Run
1. Access Payables work center and select Automatic Payment.
2. Here you will be able to see all the Suppliers payments that were generated from the Payment Run. All suppliers should be in the In Preparation
3. If there is no Payment Method, then the supplier does not have the payment form defined.
Process the Check Run
1. Select the payments you want to process. You can select multiple payments by holding down the Shift or Ctrl and selecting the invoices to be paid.
2. Now select Execute Payment
*NOTE: Status will change from “In Preparation” to “Completed”. The checks have now been ordered and are ready for printing.
Print the Checks
1. Access Payment Management work center and select Payment Media Run from Periodic Tasks.
2. Select New Payment Media Run – Enter Run ID – Select “Including Outgoing Checks” in the Payment Medium Types section (you can include Payment Advice if your organization requires) – Select the Company ID, Format, and Payment Method Details – Leave the Supplier field blank if you want the run to pick all executed checks – Enter Bank Account ID, Bank ID and Currency.
3. Select “Set to Active” to activate the run.
4. Select Schedule
You can either select Run Immediately or set it on a schedule to run daily, weekly. For our testing, we’ll select Run Immediately.
** It is important to have your collaboration window open and connected to your system when you plan on running the Payment Media Run. When the payment media run happens, the collaboration window will pull the print task out of the manual print task and populate your collaboration window automatically.
You can continue reading on in the PDf document available. To see the entire document click here: Print Checks Efficiently in SAP Business ByDesign
To see more resources like this visit our Resources Page.